During the past two years of business, Doulman Automotive Services has enjoyed a number of successes including:
- Auburn Council Small Business Award 2003 and 2004.
- Finalists of Champion of Champions in 2003, and again in 2004
- Peter Doulman was invited to be the guest speaker at the Tamworth Forum in October 2003. Peter spoke about the mechanical ingenuity of the Bathurst 1000 V8 Supercar driven in 2003, the level of fitness required and the hydration program needed to survive. The presentation was followed by a detailed commentary of the experience of driving the Supercar through the Mount Panorama Race Circuit.
- Since inception Doulman Automotive Services has demonstrated positive year on year growth.
- Doulman Automotive Services has retained its MVIRC Accreditation since first achieving in some twenty years ago.
Whilst it is a loss to the business, a mechanic of Doulman’s has recently has accepted a position on The Holden Racing Team (HRT) team. This is testimonial to the excellent training and experienced gained during his ten-year stint at Doulman’s.
- High quality standards have still been maintained which is evident by the fact that Doulman’s has never had any formal action taken toward the business due to poor workmanship.
To further enhance Doulman’s business, it has recently been accredited by the NRMA. This accreditation will formally recognise Doulman’s expertise given the consumer confidence towards the NRMA brand.
Doulman Automotive Services staff training.
Doulman Automotive Services encourages staff training in order to empower each individual with the necessary knowledge and experience to perform their responsibilities.
Doulman’s are the only Automotive Service facility in Australia that has an onsite Training Manager
Motec training is provided for the mechanics involved with the Race Team. The Motec training program teaches the race team about the computerised software, which links the pit with the car on the track. . Doulman staff also attends third party training courses, provided by IAME, Repco AutoTech and Skill Path Training.
Other training in management, personal development and computer training are also encouraged. Each staff member can identify a training course and can approach management of Doulman Automotive Services to discuss attendance. Management may also identify a particular weakness in a staff member and recommend appropriate training in a consultative manner.
Administration staff also receives Leading Hand training. Leading Hand is Doulman’s chosen CRM application. Furthermore product training is also arranged with our suppliers of parts.
Doulman’s Automotive Services supports staff both with paid leave for course attendance and study leave as well as financial support for the training program itself.
Doulman’s and the local community.
From a business perspective Doulman Automotive Services promotes local business trade and as such has developed strong relationships with many of the local businesses, many of which have been valued clients for more than twenty years.
For many years Doulman Automotive Services has generously supported the local Rotary Club, and in particular the Work Experience Venture for young adults from far reaching rural country areas. Doulman’s also assist the Fairfield Lyons Baseball Club, by sponsoring under privilege children
Additional support contributions can be demonstrated in Doulman’s involvement with McDonalds McHappy Days. Doulman’s transport the V8 Supercar along with experienced drivers to a McDonalds site to attract visitors to the store to support the day.
Furthermore Doulman’s has provided similar support to the Starlight Foundation. Participating in a “Fun Drive Day” at Oran Park, the carers and the special children that need all the support that they can get enjoy a great day out doing “hot laps around the track”. Signed posters, merchandise and sponsors products are given out to all involved.
Lastly, Ted Stone the Promotions and Training Manager of Doulman’s is a facilitator of the Auburn Business Circle Project, which was announced in the Mayor’s Column in April this year. The circle consists of over 20 businesses from all over the Auburn Local Government Area coming together to discuss business issues, stimulate business networking, and formulates strategies for success.